The campaign season is underway and I need your help to continue my fight for middle class families in Trenton.
With your support and input, we have accomplished some pretty significant things in my first term. Such as:
1. Expanded tax incentives and jobs for small businesses to make South Jersey an industry leader in clean energy research and development;
2. Helped ease the transition of our soldiers returning to civilian life by authoring the “Helmets to Hardhats” program which is expanding job and educational opportunities for returning service men and women;
3. Stood up for New Jersey's women, leading the fight to preserve funding for women’s health care services including funding for mammograms, cancer screenings and pre-natal care.
4. Worked to keep our neighborhoods safe while respecting the rights of law-abiding citizens by mandating that felons serving prison sentences for gun crimes don’t get released early, and requiring the automatic forfeiture of any cars used in the illegal trafficking of weapons.
5. Fought to make sure our tax dollars reach classrooms by eliminating perks for school administrators and bureaucrats and has voted to provide much-needed funding for upgrading our public schools
Each of these issues represents my philosophy of putting people before politics and recognizing that no political party has a monopoly on good ideas. While we have accomplished a great deal, we can and must do more.
I hope that you will consider becoming a member of Team Can't Stop Won't Stop! You won't be disappointed that you did. Thank you.
By Max Pizarro
The State AFL-CIO today formally endorsed state Sen. Barbara Buono (D-18) for governor at its conference in Atlantic City.
By Darryl R. Isherwood
The New Jersey Building and Construction Trades Council today endorsed 100 candidates for election to the state legislature.
Among those endorsed were 33 Senate candidates and 67 Assembly candidates. This year 19 Republicans – seven in the Senate and 12 in the Assembly – got the nod from the trades council. The council did not endorse in seven Senate districts and five Assembly districts and only one candidate was endorsed in three Assembly races.
by Danielle Camilli
Assemblyman Troy Singleton has proved to be a friend to the military.
For his efforts, the 7th District Democrat from Palmyra will be honored Saturday as the New Jersey State Assemblyman of the Year for 2012 by AMVETS-New Jersey at its annual Commander Reception in Egg Harbor Township, Atlantic County.