District 7 Legislators Hosting Operation Yellow Ribbon Care Package Donation Drive
Items will be collected at all three legislators' offices through Veterans Day
BURLINGTON COUNTY, NJ — Senator Troy Singleton, Assemblyman Herb Conaway and Assemblywoman Carol Murphy are teaming up to collect items for care packages being made by Operation Yellow Ribbon South Jersey.
The goal of the care packages is to support our troops and boost morale.
Each of the three legislators' offices, which are located throughout Burlington County, will be collecting needed items between now and Veterans Day — Friday, November 11.
Requested items include:
- Snacks: Rice Krispy Treats, gum, canned chips, trail mix, nuts, dried fruit, Twizzlers, Skittles, Swedish Fish
- Protein Products: energy bars, beef jerky, protein powder, bagged tuna and chicken, seeds
- Hygiene Items: baby powder, baby wipes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, eye drops, Chapstick, hand sanitizer, foot powder, deodorant
- Feminine Products: shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, body lotion, emery boards, small hand mirrors, loofah sponges, body wash, Q-Tips, menstruation products
Donations can be dropped off at the legislators' offices, which are all open Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM:
- Office of Senator Troy Singleton: 400 North Church Street, Suite 260, Moorestown
- Office of Assemblyman Herb Conaway: 8008 Route 130 North, Building C, Suite 450, Delran
- Office of Assemblywoman Carol Murphy: 504 Route 130 North, Suite 100, Cinnaminson
Operation Yellow Ribbon is a South-Jersey based non-profit organization made up of volunteers who show support for United States Military Forces serving in the Middle East including Iraq, Afghanistan and those supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Inherent Resolve through: organizing and collecting donated U.S. Troop supplies and goodies to send to troops deployed in the Middle East including Iraq, Afghanistan and those supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Inherent Resolve; and helping to promote, coordinate and facilitate welcoming home events for local veterans in the South Jersey area by partnering with the Warriors Watch Riders and other Patriotic organizations to bring local heroes home in "rock star fashion".
In 2021 alone, Operation Yellow Ribbon coordinated the donation of 48,017 pounds of "goodies" sent to troops overseas, and 1,462 care packages.
For a full list of accepted items for donation, visit Operation Yellow Ribbon's website HERE.